Question and answer details
|As-salamu `alaykum. What is our stance concerning the oppression of Muslims in Palestine and other parts of the world that is happening right now, where houses are being destroyed, farms are being wrecked, children are being killed, the streets are filled with injured people waiting for ambulances that will never come, thanks to the Israeli obstinacy. As a Muslim, what can I do?|
|Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid|
Wa`alaykum as-salaamu warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
Every Muslim is obliged to back his wronged Muslim brothers and sisters in all parts of the world; especially in Palestine where houses are demolished, wives are widowed, and children are killed cold bloodedly in daylight. Every committed Muslim has a very positive role to play. The Muslim can support his fellow Muslim brothers and sisters financially and psychologically. The least thing we can do is to earnestly implore Allah to grant them victory over their enemies.
It is well known that after storm comes sunshine. This very fact is confirmed by Allah’s saying in the Qur’an: (But lo! with hardship goeth ease. Lo! with hardship goeth ease.) (Ash-Sharh 94: 5-6)
Responding to the question, the prominent Saudi Islamic lecturer and author, Sheikh Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid, states the following:
1. You should make du`aa’, and recite du`aa’ al-qunut in your prayer.
2. You should collect charity and send it through trustworthy channels to the wronged brothers and sisters in Palestine.
3. You should support the weak and the oppressed in all ways, including the media as well as the internet.
4. You should get scholars, callers to Allah or Du`ah, Mosque Imams as well as Muslim writers to explain the oppression that is happening to the fellow Muslims and the negligence on the part of the Ummah, and to mobilize the Ummah to defend the sacred places.
5. We should check our own intentions with regard to striving in the cause of Allah, and to see whether one is applying the Prophetic Hadith in which the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) states: “Whoever dies without having striven for the cause of Allah or having had the intention of doing so, has died following one of the branches of hypocrisy.” (Reported by Muslim)
6. We should pursue all the means of building up material and moral strength, in resisting all forms of aggression.
7. We should remind ourselves and others of the virtues of martyrdom in the Sake of Allah and study the rulings on Jihad, and not deeply indulging in the material trappings in this world.
8. We should boycott the products of the enemies who are in a state of war with us, as well as condemning their atrocities and barbarism. We need to make this known verbally and through media, to point out their insults to Allah, His Messenger and the believers.
Allah Almighty knows best.