Sometimes moms feel confused about what their kids should eat at school.
However, moms can prepare easy and healthy snacks for their kids. It should be easy to pack and carry. It is important that the dish looks attractive and tastes yummy.
Today’s dish is a very healthy snack that your kid would love to eat at school.
Broccoli is the king of healthy vegetables. It is very rich in antioxidants and helps protect us against cancer (broccoli should be steamed, as boiling almost halves its vitamin C content).
Pasta is a great energy food full of carbohydrates. Three tablespoons of sweet corn provide one of the 5 portions of daily recommended fruit and vegetables, and chicken is an excellent low fat source of protein.
- 2 cups fusilli pasta
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup tinned sweet corn
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- a little freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl, add the chicken, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, broccoli florets and chopped spring onion.
- Simply whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing and toss the salad with the dressing.
Related Links:Spinach Salad with Mandarin Oranges
Lebanese Spiced Potatoes (Batata Harra)
Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets