Crêpe is a type of very thin pancake, usually made from wheat flour. The word is of French origin, deriving from the Latin crispa, meaning "curled".
Crepes are especially popular throughout France. The common ingredients include flour, eggs, milk, butter, and a pinch of salt. Crepes are usually of two types: sweet crepes made with wheat flour and slightly sweetened; and unsweetened crepe made with flour and salt.
To make a delicious sweet crepe, try this recipe for the breakfast or even desserts.
Here is a simple crepe which can be made in minutes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mixture, egg, and milk.
- Heat a large oiled skillet or crepe pan over a medium-high heat. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the pan, Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible
- Flip the crepe when it starts to bubble. When it is finished cooking, remove it and repeat this process with the remaining butter.
Note: It serves rolled up and filled with jam or fruit, whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Related Links:A Delicious Trifle
Dates Quick and Easy Recipes
Carrot Cupcake: Weekend Recipe